researcher

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

BLOG UPDATE FOR WEDNESDAY November 16, 2005

I’d have to say I’m about ready to start sitting down and plan my research design at this point. I did think about some details for this study and I am all the more convinced that an experimental study is the way to go for my topic. I am glad I came across the idea of using a technology-based grammar instruction for a composition class and the only way to find out whether the lesson I devised really works would be to implement it in an experiment involving two groups – the control and the treatment/experimental group. The bit about statistics, which Dr. Blair mentioned in class today, is not far-fetched from my study’s plan.

I think I came across a study which kind of reflects the idea I have for this experimental study. I have yet to check out the context on which it was implemented since I am not sure if it was done in an ESL Composition class. Could anybody advise me if a replication is a valid route to take in an academic/composition research just in case my research design reflects the same methodology/framework as previous studies? I’d appreciate any feedback on this.

For now, I am also looking at the best possible techno-based pedagogy I could use as part of my research focus for Dr. Carter’s class. The result of my research in that class (hopefully, one that leads toward a sound techno-based grammar instruction designed for a composition class) will be utilized for my experimental research design for Dr. Blair’s class.

And so as I try to wrap up my investigation, I am almost ready to start writing up my design … that is, after I hear from you guys. Thanks!

Florence
Researcher05

1 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Drea said…

    Sounds like you're almost finished! I'm not certain what you mean with the replication question -- unless you are asking whether including a blip about replicatiion to your project will help. If this is the question, I would say "yes" as replication is vital(?) to empirical research. It also shows that you try to account for validity... or reliability...whatever. Good Luck with that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home